I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Last month I posted a video that I would be checking out a skin care line called Y’OUR. I’m at an age where I’m willing to try anything. There are a few things I insist upon however – simplicity and products that have clean ingredients. I will admit, however that I spend way too much time trying to decide which products are right for my skin. My main concerns are dull skin, exposure to environmental toxins, fine lines (OK, that’s a nice way of saying wrinkles) and dryness. I literally could spend hours standing in the aisle of Ulta or CVS comparing which products would take care of all these issues.
That’s the main reason I like Y’OUR. When I was approached about reviewing their skin care line what appealed to me most was that it would be designed specifically for me. And the quiz wasn’t just one or two questions. I was asked what my main concerns were, did one issue bother me more than others, did I only want vegan ingredients, whether I lived in an area with high levels of pollution, how my skin reacted to the sun and whether some of my skin issues occurred after pregnancy. Once the survey was complete, a summary of my skin and the list of the specific ingredients that would be included in my products popped up.
It was easy to understand, and I love that they use natural ingredients in the products. I also like that there are only four items – a cleanser, a day cream, a serum and a night cream. It’s easy to follow and doesn’t require a lot of time. I did learn that the day cream does not have SPF, so I also use a sunscreen.
A few other things that appealed to me.
- Personal interaction – Unlike products you buy in the store, Y’OUR representatives stay in touch to see how the products are working. Each product lasts for 3 months but if I run out ahead of time, they send gifts to make sure I never run out of product.
- Cost savings – When I did the math it was much cheaper than what I was paying buying individual products that weren’t custom designed for me.
- Customer satisfaction – They have a satisfaction guarantee policy where they offer to reformulate the products for free up to 2 times during the first 3 months. And, before they send out the next set of products, they send an evaluation form to make sure they can make any adjustments necessary.
- Gentle but effective – The cleanser is safer and more effective than physical exfoliating cleansers since it can penetrate the skin for deeper exfoliation while does not involve actually rubbing the skin.
- Quality products – I only have to use a little of each product, they absorb nicely but are thick.
They also let me know what to expect:
In the first week of using our products, you might find a bit of flaking in the first week of use. Please keep in mind that the flaking isn’t because your skin is dry but the impurities coming out. Our products draw out impurities and congestion from underneath your skin, so if you have impurities, you will see the impurities coming out.
I wanted to wait a full 30 days before posting this review so I really could tell whether I saw a difference. The biggest difference is the texture of my skin – it’s definitely softer and plumper. I also think it looks brighter which was a big concern for me.
The best thing about Y’OUR is it’s specifically designed for me and addresses all my concerns in just 4 products.
I would recommend trying out Y’OUR skin care line. You can take the quiz here to have products designed specifically for your needs.